Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Contact Council Tax

£150 energy rebate

Apply for £150 energy rebate (opens new tab)

Making a payment

Direct Debit sign up (opens new tab)

Pay your Council Tax

You will need your Council Tax reference number (You can find this on your bill, it’s an 8 digit number beginning with 4.)

Request to change instalment dates (opens new tab).

Changing address or registering for Council Tax

Register to pay Council Tax, tell us about a change of address or any other changes of liability such as selling or buying a property (opens new tab)

Change of tenant form for landlords (opens new tab)

Bought or sold a property you don't live in (for Landlords) (opens new tab)

Changing your details

Change personal details (opens new tab) such as your contact telephone number.

Add a person to the bill (opens new tab)

For any other circumstances complete an online contact form (opens new tab).

Discounts and Exemptions

Care Leavers (opens new tab)

Council Tax Support

Empty property (opens new tab)

Disabled person discount (opens new tab)

Severely mentally impaired (SMI) discount (opens new tab)

Single person discount (opens new tab)

Single person discount review (opens new tab)

Student exemption and discount (opens new tab)

For any other discount or exemption please complete an online contact form (opens new tab) or visit Council Tax discounts and exemptions

Summons and payment problems

Payment arrangement form (opens new tab)  (for if you have received a summons or final notice)

Payment difficulty form (opens new tab)

Changes to your property

Council Tax improvements form (opens new tab)

Viewing your bill and payments online

Sign up for a My Plymouth account (opens new tab) 

If you need your Council Tax reference number you can request a copy of your bill (opens new tab).

Sign up for paperless billing (opens new tab)


We will write to you if you are due a refund, if you have lost the details on the letter you can complete a credit refund request (opens new tab).

Anything else

Council Tax appeal (opens new tab)

Respond to an email (opens new tab)

If you need to contact us and any of the above links don't meet your needs, please fill in an online contact form.

Landlord general contact

If you are a landlord and need to contact us please use our landlord version of the online contact form.