Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Register or tell us about a change

If you move house or change your address

If you are moving to or from a property, let us know your change of address details.

Please do not tell us about a change more than 14 days in advance.

If you are a landlord and your tenant moves out

If you are a landlord tell us about any changes in your tenancy agreements when they happen.

Please do not tell us about a change more than 14 days in advance.

If you have sold or bought a property you don't live in

If you are a landlord and have sold a property you don't live in, tell us about the change of ownership.

If your entitlement to single person discount has changed

You are entitled to 25% off your Council Tax bill if you live on your own or if all the people you live with are under 18. Let us know if you are no longer eligible for the discount.

If you need to tell us about a change that will affect your Council Tax Support entitlement

See our benefits change of circumstances page

If someone in your household dies

Submit a general enquiry with the following information:

  • full name and address of the person who has died
  • date they died
  • if they owned or rented their house
  • if the home was rented, the expected tenancy end date and the landlord's name and address
  • name and address of the executor
  • if anyone is still living in the property
  • if there's now only one resident aged 18 years or over

Or call 01752 668000, our phone line is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

A home left unoccupied by a person who has died is exempt from Council Tax until the date probate is granted, and for up to six months after that date, if it stays unoccupied.

Other circumstances

Submit a general enquiry to let us know if:

  • someone comes to stay with you for a period of time, including friends or family
  • someone moves in or out of your home
  • you change your name due to marriage or divorce or the name on your account is incorrect
  • your children leave school
  • you go into care or into hospital for a long period, or are away from home providing care for someone else
  • your income support or job seekers allowance has ended
  • your rent has increased or decreased
  • the amount of money you or your partner have coming in has changed
  • the amount of money you're getting from sub-tenants changes
  • you have a child
  • you've got married or separated
  • your partner has moved in or out of your home

Take your vote with you

If you have moved address you need to register to vote.