We provide a comprehensive music education service to schools and colleges in the city through Plymouth Youth Music Service which is the lead organisation for the Plymouth Music Education Hub.
Our vision is to achieve a broad and inclusive scene where all types of music can flourish.
We work closely with:
- our partners to ensure a variety of musical opportunities are available for children and young people
- schools and Plymouth Music Education Hub to discuss future developments, initiatives and improvements to our offer
In common with music education hubs across the country we:
- deliver activities that encourage children to take up musical instruments and singing through First Access (an introduction to instrumental learning)
- provide opportunities for pupils to perform in bands, orchestras and choirs
- offer enriching cultural experiences through performance opportunities at events
- provide individual and small group tuition to children and young people
- provide support and advice to schools wishing to start instrumental or vocal tuition
- provide continuing professional development to enable teachers to meet the national curriculum requirements for music
- advise parents and schools on provision, instrument hire and purchase opportunities
For more information email email@example.com.