Charges for overdue books (including audiobooks)
Charges are automatically generated for each day that a book is overdue.
- adults - 30p per book per day (maximum £6)
- children and young people (0-17) - no charge
You can renew items in any library, by phone or online. We can also send you email reminders seven days before your items are due to be returned.
Find out more about renewing library items.
- one to two items - £1.15 for up to one week then 50p per day up to a maximum of £12
- three+ items - £5.65 for a three-week loan then 50p per day up to a maximum of £12
Request fees for books
- in stock or on order item (notification by email) - Free
- not in stock item (notification by email) - £4
- urgent requests (interlibrary loans) - Plymouth Council Taxpayers: £8; Other: £12.50
- journal articles - £3 (plus photocopying costs)
If we are unsuccessful in obtaining a copy of the book (or item), the request fee is non-refundable. The fee covers the work undertaken when we try to source the book (or item) for you.
Hire of music sets and playsets
Plymouth based groups
- vocal scores/libretti per 10 copies - £2.60 per month
- boxed vocal/orchestral sets per box - £3.50 per month
- playsets - £2.10 per loan
Non-Plymouth based groups
- vocal scores/libretti per 10 copies - £4 per month
- boxed vocal/orchestral sets per box - £6 per month
- playsets - £2.30 per loan
This service is free if you are a Plymouth Library member. For visitors and non-members, there is a charge:
- 30 minutes - £1.75
- 60 minutes - £3
- 120 minutes - £5
Printing and photocopying
Prices are per sheet/side unless stated.
- A4 black and white - 15p
- A4 colour - 60p
- A3 black and white - 40p
- A3 colour - £1.20
- A4 black and white - 15p per sheet, plus £2.00 postage and packing
- A4 colour - 60p per sheet, plus £2.00 postage and packing
- A3 black and white - 40p per sheet, plus £2.00 postage and packing
- A3 colour - £1.20 per sheet, plus £2.00 postage and packing
Printing from microform
- A4 black and white - 80p per sheet
- A3 black and white - £1.60
Photographs and other images
We supply copies of our photographs for commercial and non-commercial purposes if we own the copyright or if the photograph is not in copyright.
- for non-commercial use, JPEG/TIFF file sent by email - £17
- for commercial use, a range of charges applies depending on the use. For more information phone (01752) 305900 or email email@example.com
The library service has meeting spaces for hire (book a meeting room)
- first 15 minutes - free of charge
- hourly charge - £50 including VAT or pro-rata
Sales of art and crafts
Arts and crafts on exhibition may be made available for sale, either by the hire of designated exhibition space or by direct sale to the public with a commission of 20 per cent (inclusive of VAT) of the price being made payable to Plymouth Library Services.
Lost and damaged items
A scale of charges operates which reflects the replacement cost. Talk to library staff or email firstname.lastname@example.org.