We can tailor our commercial waste and recycling service to the specific needs of your business. We also give you expert advice on how to reduce your waste disposal costs.
We divert all our waste from landfill and use all local facilities in Plymouth to process the commercial waste we collect.
Why choose us:
- we offer a very competitive, efficient and tailored service
- competitive prices for collection with no VAT (for customers within the Plymouth boundary)
- scheduled or ad-hoc collections
- a flexible service from daily, fortnightly or monthly collections
- Saturday/ad-hoc service available
- assurance that you are complying with your ‘Duty of Care’. A waste transfer certificate will be supplied to you on an annual basis if your waste is consistent in its composition or if your business is producing variable waste then a single specific waste transfer note will be completed for each waste collection.
General commercial waste
As part of our commercial waste collection, we collect the following:
- general waste that cannot be recycled, for example polystyrene, waxy paper and non-recyclable plastics
- certain food packaging such as crisp packets and tetra packs
Mixed material collections
If you choose a mixed material collection, you can put all recyclable materials in one container. You do not have to sort your recycling, making it quick and easy for you and your employees. Recycling collections cost you less than putting your waste into a general non-recycling collection.
In a mixed material container we collect:
- tin and aluminium food tins and drink cans
- plastic bottles and clean food packaging
- small amounts of glass bottles and jars
We can advise on container type and frequency of collection to suit your needs and space limitations. Bin sizes vary from 240 litres to 1100 litres.
Food waste collections
If you recycle your food leftovers, especially if you own a restaurant, hotel, pub or takeaway, you could save money on your general waste collections and those pesky overweight charges. It’s also better for the environment as we can turn your food waste into a useful green energy source which is currently Langage Farm Anaerobic Digestion Plant in Plymouth.
You can recycle all cooked and uncooked food from your commercial premises, including:
- meat, fish and bones
- fruit and vegetables
- bread, cakes and pastries
- pasta and rice
- teabags and coffee grounds
- plate scrapings
If you own a bar, pub or restaurant or a business that generates a lot of glass bottles or jars you will need a separate glass bin for these collections. We offer customers a 240 litre bin - due to the weight of glass this is the largest size bin we would recommend.
Commercial waste sacks
If you do not have enough waste or room for a wheelie bin, we can provide you with commercial (blue) waste sacks. You put these out on your designated day for our crews to collect.
You simply buy as many bags you need using our online form and your order will be delivered to you within five working days.
- Roll of 15 commercial general waste sacks (blue bags) - £53.22
- Roll of 15 commercial mixed recycling sacks (for mixed paper, plastics, glass and metal) - £27.75
If you are not an existing commercial waste customer complete the online Commercial Waste expression of interest form and one of the team will get in contact with you to discuss your requirements.
Commercial bulky waste
We can offer our customers a bulky waste collection service for larger items that you may have but either haven’t the space or requirement for a large skip for its removal. This collection is made on a 7.5t caged vehicle and is often significantly cheaper than hiring a skip. We work with a number of local businesses providing regular pickups of cleared out waste and WEEE (Waste, Electronic, Electrical Equipment). If you are interested in a quote email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01752 307771. One of the team will be happy to discuss your requirements.
Bins for events
We can provide a short-term loan of bins and waste disposal service for your event, ranging from a church fete to large scale events. This is a bespoke service that is handled efficiently and professionally from the booking process through to the collection of the waste. Email email@example.com or phone 01752 307771 for a quote.
Disposing of commercial waste
If you decide not to use our collection service you can take commercial waste to Chelson Meadow and dispose of it for a fee, or you can arrange collection with a licensed waste disposal company.
Please contact us if you require any advice about commercial waste.